Setting My Master Healing and Protection Candles

Friday, April 22, 2011

*** If you are not familiar with hoodoo Master Purpose Candles please see THIS post first.  Thanks.

Tonight, due largely to the fact that I NEED them, I decided to finally set my Master Purpose Candles for Protection and Healing.  I began by chosing colors for both candles.  For protection I chose red.  I went back and forth about this because I've read may different candle correspondences calling for different colors for protection, non of them red.  Red *felt* right to me.  To me red is a less passive protective energy.  I ultimately chose it for that reason.  I'm not passive, and neither will my protection works be. For my healing candle I chose a more traditional color, blue.  I chose blue for its obvious connection to water and its healing qualities.

Next, I created seals for both candles.

  

For the protection candle I used a personal protection seal that I have used before and the Star of David. 

For the healing candle, I drew a nautilus shell.  I chose the nautilus for it connection with water, but also because of the personal connection I have with the image.  Much of the nautilus's symbolism, for me, comes from the Oliver Wendell Holmes poem "The Chambered Nautilus." To me, this poem, symbolizes a deeper healing than just the physical.  It symbolizes a spiritual and emotional healing, which I believe we sometimes neglect to think about in our work.

Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul,
As the swift seasons roll!
Leave thy low-vaulted past!
Let each new temple, nobler than the last,
Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast,
Till thou at length art free,
Leaving thine outgrown shell by life’s unresting sea!

Below the nautilus is rough Theban that states, simply, "Heal".

I then annointed each piece of parchment with the appropriate oil in a five-face die patter, and taped them to their corresponding candle.

Now, it was time to dress the candles.  I used the same oil I used to annoint the seals.  For the protection candle I used Fiery Wall of Protection Oil and for the healing candle I used Healing Oil, both from Lucky Mojo.  I dressed both by rubbing oil clock-wise around the top of the candle three times.  Then, using a taper candle, I brought the light from my Master Candle to each Master Purpose Candle, first the protection candle then the healing.



Next, I allowed the candles to burn for a bit, creating a nice "pool" of melted wax and oil.  Then, I added three drops of my High John the Conqueror Oil to each and allowed them to burn another half hour before extinguishing their flames.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment